Linguine with Spinach
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 lb. linguine (homemade or any pasta brand)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small medium onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 zucchini - chopped
- 1 (9oz) bag Simple Beginnings Spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 plum tomatoes - chopped and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Handful of fresh basil - chopped
- Fill a large pot with water, place on high heat and bring to a boil. Add a tablespoon of salt and the linguine. Stir the pasta while the water returns to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions or until al dente, stirring occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- While the pasta cooks, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for one minute. Add the zucchini and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Once warmed through, add the bag of Simple Beginnings Spinach and sauté for approximately 1 minute until spinach wilts. Remove pan from heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain off the water (reserving 1 cup of pasta liquid) and add the linguine to the sauté pan with the cooked vegetables. Stir to combine, adding the reserved pasta water if more moisture is needed. Stir in the parmesan cheese, top with the chopped basil and serve.
Simple and delicious!
Chef Linda ~ A good life deserves great food…