Spinach and Quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water or stock (vegetable or chicken)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 zucchini - chopped
- 4 slices of roasted red pepper (from jar) - chopped
- 1 (9oz) bag Simple Beginnings Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare quinoa. If it’s suggested on package, rinse quinoa in a fine mesh strainer for two minutes (some brands are pre-rinsed). Bring quinoa and water/stock to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes covered.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and zucchini and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the roasted red pepper and cook until heated through. Add the bag of spinach and stir to combine until the spinach is wilted. Turn off the heat.
- When quinoa is finished, fluff with a fork and add to the sauté pan.
- Add the mozzarella cheese and stir to combine.
Simple and delicious!
Chef Linda ~ A good life deserves great food…