Kale and Arugula Pesto
Makes about 3 cups
- 3/4 cup shelled walnuts
- 2 packed cups Simple Beginnings Baby Arugula
- 2 packed cups Simple Beginnings Baby Kale
- 2 garlic cloves - chopped
- 3/4 to 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Add walnuts to a dry sauté pan and cook on low heat for a few minutes until you smell the wonderful aroma. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the kale, arugula, garlic, cooled walnuts, lemon juice and salt and pepper to a blender or food processor. Add the extra virgin olive oil in a slow, steady stream while the blender or food processor is running. Blend until smooth. Add extra oil if pesto appears too thick. Stir in the parmesan cheese.
I have used this pesto on crostini for a quick and easy appetizer. Add it to pasta or leftover cooked chicken. You can also take 2 tablespoons of the pesto and add 1 tablespoon mayonnaise for a delicious tasting sandwich spread. Think of the ways!
Simple and delicious!
Chef Linda ~ A good life deserves great food…