Scalloped Potatoes with Sautéed Greens
Time: Prep 10 minutes, cook 45-50 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (9oz) package of Simple Beginnings Power Blend (or Kale or Spinach)
- 2 pounds potatoes (your favorite variety)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup gruyere cheese - grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese - grated
- salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 cup half and half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan on medium heat and cook greens until wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool.
- Peel the potatoes and slice very thin (less than 1/8”).
- Butter the bottom and sides of a baking dish and layer the ingredients into two layers. Start by adding half of the potato slices, slightly overlapping them. Top the potato layer with half of the greens, gruyere cheese and parmesan cheese and season with salt and pepper. Repeat the process with the remainder of the potatoes, greens, gruyere and parmesan cheese. Pour the half and half over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes until potatoes are tender.
Simple and delicious!
Chef Linda ~ A good life deserves great food...