Creamy Celery Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package Simple Beginnings Celery hearts or sticks –chopped
- 2 medium onions - chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves - diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 dashes of hot sauce (or to preferred taste)
- In a large pot, heat olive oil and butter on medium heat. Add celery, onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue cooking for another minute. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in flour. Stir until combined and cook for 2 additional minutes, being careful not to burn the flour.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot while stirring. Add the bay leaf and bring to a boil. Lower to simmer and continue cooking for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. (If using a stand blender, puree in sections and add back to pot). Add the heavy cream, lemon juice and hot sauce to the soup and stir to combine.
Simple and delicious!
Chef Linda ~ A good life deserves great food